Monday, June 27, 2011

Exciting Day!

Today, I got to go see the "got Goat?" t-shirts get printed.  It was pretty cool.

Mr. Chris explained to me how the printing works.




I put some t-shirts on and pressed the start button.  I couldn't reach it, so he helped me up.
When I put the t-shirts on, I had to push them on very hard, and smooth 'em out.
This is a pink shirt with one color on it; it will get four colors altogether.
Of course, Walker wanted a chance to press the start button too.

Walker watched as the t-shirts came out of the oven.  They had to go in the oven so the ink could dry.

Momma adds:
Y'all it was such a treat for the boys to see how the machines worked and to watch the design go on all those t-shirts.  Chris described every detail of the process, and Wilson soaked it all up.  {He had seen screen-printing once on Dirty Jobs, and he commented to me that this was like that, but way better because it "was in person"!}

As we were getting ready to leave, I asked Chris if he wanted me to pay him then, since all 35 of these shirts were pre-orders and we have collected over half of the money for them already.  He said, "Nope, this first batch is on me, its my contribution."

And then Momma almost started crying in a print shop. 

 It was just such an unexpected surprise, since we knew we were getting a great price already and Chris hadn't charged us for the design.  Wow.

That means 100% of the purchase price of these first 35 shirts goes to World Vision!  So exciting!

I explained this to Wilson once we got in the car, and his eyes got so big as he did some math in his sweet little head.  I am beside myself with excitement to watch as the Lord continues to bless Wilson's efforts and surprise us with His goodness.

"As it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him."  1 Corinthians 2:9

Now if you haven't bought a t-shirt yet.  Let us know!  We'll be printing some again probably next month! And also, keep an eye on Wilson's World Vision fundraising page, we'll be making "t-shirt payment donations" in the next few days, so the total will start climbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment