Friday, March 11, 2011

blog button

"How the blazes do you add one of those?" - in an email from Jenn this week ;)

I am interrupting Wilson's regularly scheduled posting to tell you how to add his blog button to your blog, if you would like to.  Oh, and I only know how to do things on blogger, using a PC.

I am still surprised that I figured out how to make a blog button in the first place!   I sure love Google.

* Ok.  First step you have to be logged into your blog.

* Second step, from your dashboard, click on "design."  Your page elements template should be open.

* Click anywhere that you want to "add a gadget."  This will open a box with a variety of gadget options.

* Scroll down until you find "HTML/JavaScript"

* This will open ANOTHER window titled "Configure HTML/JavaScript."  There is a box for title... which can be whatever your heart desires "Wilson's Blog" works fine....

* Then in the next box is where you add the HTML for the button.  You copy this code from the sidebar... (working in multiple windows works best for this.)  Highlight and then copy all of the code from the white text box below Wilson's button on the sidebar.

* Then just "paste" it into the large box labeled "content" on the "Configure HTML/JavaScript" window.

* At this point you will think to yourself "No way is that going to work."  Click the orange "save" button and then view your blog to see if it worked!

{Email me if it didn't so I can figure out which critical step I left out.  Or google "how to add a blog button" to find someone that is better at writing these technical tutorials.}

2 comments:

  1. Got Goat? Is officially a blog button on my blog! This is so cool. I really want to purchase a Got Goat t-shirt. I'm sure I can sell these like hot-cakes at school! Let me know if they go into production soon!

    ReplyDelete