Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week two

I wanted to give you some ideas that make it easy to help save money to donate.  One thing we made is a jar to put loose change and dollars into. You can do this too. You can send money in too.
 

If you have a twitter or facebook account please share the link to my blog.  Also on my donation page is a like button for facebook.  If you have you're own blog, I have a button available that you can add to it.

This week I am going to make a poster to help with donations.  You can contact me if you want to put one up at your school, work, or church.

I've been asked some questions, so I will do my best to answer them.  

Question 1:  How long will you collect donations?

Answer:  My plan is to collect donation through the end of the year (31 Dec 2011).  I will continue to collect donation until the end of the year even if I hit my goal of $2000.

Question 2:  Can anyone comment on your blog?

Answer: Yes you can leave comments on my blog.  You do not need an account to leave one, but it wont show up right away because my editor (mom) has to approve them first.

Question 3:  Can you only donate online?

Answer: While this is the best way to do it, you can also send money in the mail.  I have gotten one donation in the mail already, and a lady at church today gave me some money for my goal.

Next week I will post how much I have raised so far.

Wilson


5 comments:

  1. Wilson, I've been thinking of a couple of things that might help you get to your goal...you know that the month of April is known for the "showers" that come..."April showers bring May flowers"...how about if day it rains we add a dollar to our donation...or 5 dollars, or whatever people can afford...This is Michigan...we get lots of showers! Love you Yaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and will send you a donation, if you send me the picture of you and Walker that you have on the blog. I love those smiles. Now I know that you explained how to "link" to your blog. However I am not that computer savvy to do this. So I will continue to comment like this on your blog. Love you tons. Meme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas Wilson. Thanks for sharing. I am going to pledge to send you a monthly donation. I just need to have Mr. Curry set it up. You are doing a great job. I can't wait to read your next post.

    I will send an email this week to all of my family and friends. I hope they will join you in this great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to put the button on my blog but your mom will have to teach me how. :)

    I'm excited about your goals. We are doing our own little savings/givings plan and I will talk with Mr. JC, Brendan and Cameron about giving to your efforts as part of our giving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wil, I would LOVE a poster to put in my classroom. I bet my students would like to help you raise money this year! Let me know if you need my address.

    ReplyDelete